Wednesday 6 December 2017

Inspiration From Other Media Products

Inspiration From Other Media Products

Media is all around us everyday, and there is nothing we can do to avoid it. Whether it be TV adverts, poster, music, music videos or television programmes, it all plays an important part in everyone's life in the modern day. 

Coming up with a final Thriller idea proved somewhat problematic as I ended disliking whatever I came up with for various  reasons such as it being too cliché or too boring.
I decided to turn to the other forms of media, in hope of coming up with something more exciting as a result of inspiration from lots of different areas. 


The first place I have taken inspiration from is an American TV drama called 'Pretty Little Liars.' The reason this was so easy to take inspiration from is because a lot of it directly meets all the requirements of the Thriller genre, such as chase scenes in the woos with low lighting and high pitched, tension building music. This scene where Ezra is chasing Aria gave me inspiration for the idea of a man chasing a girl through the forest.



This is another clip from 'Pretty Little Liars' that has given me inspiration for my thriller opening. It simply gave me the idea of using an axe as the weapon of choice for the antagonist. I like the close up shot where the axe goes through the floorboard. The camera is framing the point of impact of the axe on the floorboard.




As the planning for my Thriller has been recent, seeing this advert on tv gave me the idea to use a Landrover as the vehicle of the antagonist as it is large and intimidating, complying to the Thriller convention. Although this only gave me an idea for a tiny aspect of my Thriller, this still helped so should get credited


No comments:

Post a Comment