Thursday 12 October 2017

Inspiration

Some More Ideas



A very important aspect of designing my Thriller opening is figuring out where my inspiration is coming from. This could be in the form of film, tv series, commercial or even music. Basically anything related to the media.

Firstly, I have taken inspiration from the scene in ‘Skyfall’ where James Bond exits a back-alley garage in an Aston Martin. I like the shot taken from behind of the car driving away as the shot is quite low, making the car seem more intimidating and powerful.












I would also like to include a wide shot from the front of the garage. The shot will start in total darkness and will be lit by the car headlights as they turn on simultaneously with the engine. For this is will be using a fastback 67 Mustang as it looks sleek and quite ‘Hollywood’. This idea was taken from the action-thriller film ‘Bullit’ directed by Peter Yates and starring Steve McQueen.  I would like to include a series of quick shots of the anonymous driver doing preparatory actions such as tightening cufflinks, adjusting rear-view mirror etc…














I am yet to decide on how my Thriller opening will proceed after this, as these are only initial. However I am very keen on the idea of the mysterious car in leaving the garage, so this will most likely feature.


Here are some pictures of the real car that I am going to feature in my Thriller opening.












No comments:

Post a Comment