Friday 20 October 2017

My Thriller Idea

My Thriller Idea

My Thriller opening is going to show an anonymous figure preparing what appears to be a lot of suspicious objects, before driving out of a garage in a car with a kidnapped person in the backseat who has tape put over their mouth. The character will place a shovel in the boot of the car and shut the boot. I then have a close up of the door handle when the kidnapper opens it. The next shot will be a math cut from the car door shutting the a shot of his hands ripping some duct tape from the roll. We see the kidnapper put on gloves, presumably not to leave any DNA traces, strike a lighter and light up a cigarette. I will then have a shot of the car driving slowly out of the garage towards the camera, followed by a shot of the car driving over the camera (camera passes under car). I will the include shot of the car driving along a dark country road at nigh time to add to thriller conventions. We will then see a shovel plummet into the forest floor. There will be several of these digging shots to build suspense, alternating with extreme close up shots of the prisoners eye flicking back and forth in fear as well as shots of their tied hands.







My Thriller opening is based around the suspense created by the unknown. The unknown, in this case being the kidnapper.


No comments:

Post a Comment